Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Favorite Halter


I have tons of stuff I've made before I started documenting it here, so I figured I would post some of it to make up for my sporadic posting.

This pattern (Simplicity 3823) has been one of my favorites for a long time. I've made a few dresses from it.

The pattern calls for boning in the back, but I skipped it. Instead, I had to take the back in A LOT. I'm not sure if this is normal for skipping boning in patterns or not. The most frustrating part is adding the pleats in the straps and skirt--my favorite part of making dresses is seeing them come together into a dress, and doing all the intricate stuff first makes me impatient!



I took pictures while making the purple dressier one, which I've worn twice--once to a semi-formal thing, and once to a wedding. 

It was my first attempt at an invisible zipper! I would definitely recommend the pattern, but don't make it the first pattern you ever use. With the purple one, I should have lined it in a different lining fabric... the bubbly stuff doesn't make a good doubled up fabric. Here are those pictures:






1 comment :

  1. Like the pattern and the dresses you made out of it!

    ReplyDelete