Remember my Waterspout dress? I had drafted the pattern myself--a circle skirt with a simple bodice. However, I never made a final version of the pattern on paper, so when I tried to make it again, I got a little frustrated. I got it to work, though, and turned it into the perfect fall dress! I did make this version a little bit longer than the first one, however, since it's not for the beach.
|Front of the dress (I will get a functional|
real camera for Christmas, I swear)
|Back of the dress|
|Picking up my last CSA of the summer!|
I made a stupid mistake when cutting, though--I folded the fabric wrong to cut the circle of the circle skirt, so I cut off a piece of fabric incorrectly and didn't have enough to make the skirt lining. Big problem on a circle skirt that likes to fly up! I made the lining out of some black cotton I had used to line my polka dot dress. There wasn't a piece wide enough, however, so I stitched together three pieces using french seams.
|The inside of the dress (black skirt lining)|
|Inside of the dress, zoomed in on the zipper|
|French seams to link together panels of the skirt lining|