Thursday, October 6, 2011

Black and white polka dots!

My apologies for the blurry picture--my camera is broken,
so this is the best I got... this is the bride with her bridesmaids,
all wearing black and white (by chance)!

This dress has been in the works for nearly a year. I actually finished it in early August, wore it twice and took pictures, and have been too busy to get it on the blog! Anyway, I made this dress for a friend's rehearsal dinner, but I cheated and wore it on vacation in August first. 
All our outfits for the weekend ready to go to the car--you can
see the knotted straps best in this picture, so I included it
I drafted this pattern myself. It's actually very simple--just two pieces, a front and back piece--connected at the sides and the straps. There are darts in both the front and back, and I put an invisible zipper in the side. The straps are the most exciting part... they're knotted in both the front and back! I already shortened the straps a bit after first wearing it, but I think I'll shorten them a bit more before wearing it again.
Back of the dress
My cousin made her own dress too!
First sewing project for her! 
Side view--I also wore a hot pink cardigan
that night that matched the shoes
Sadly, the dress is now under my bed with the rest of my sundresses until the spring :( The first time I wore it with a pale blue narrow belt, and the second time with a braided royal blue belt. Both times I got to wear fun shoes!

No comments :

Post a Comment