Friday, October 14, 2011

Amazing apple bread


I went apple picking this past weekend! Now I have a ton of fresh-picked apples, a new apple picking shirt (will post that soon), and lots of things I want to make.

This apple bread is one of my most-loved recipes... by everyone, even random strangers (I entered it in a baking contest once). I came up with this recipe myself, and some of the amounts are a little strange b/c I tweaked them based on a bunch of apple bread recipes online.
Apple Bread Recipe:
3/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking soda
3 cups whole wheat flour (I'm sure ap is fine too)
1.5 cups veg. oil
3 cups sugar
4 eggs+1 egg white
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
4.5 cups skinned, diced apples 
Ingredients--dry ingredients in the pink bowl,
apples on the cutting board, wet ingredients in the yellow bowl
So many eggs
Mix your dry ingredients, set aside. Mix the oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in dry ingredients. Stir in apples. Bake in a greased loaf pan at 325-350 degrees Fahrenheit (depending on your oven) for ~1 hr, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the middle of the loaf. Let cool in loaf pan ~10 minutes, then remove from loaf pan and let cool on a cooling rack before eating. For muffins, cut the baking time down to 25-30 minutes. 
The batter will be clumpy
Muffins, out of the oven!
Enjoy! There will be many more apple recipes on the blog as I make my way through the apples :)
Muffins and bread, out of the oven
Flip the bread onto a cooling rack
Flip it back over to finish cooling






No comments :

Post a Comment