Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chai Cream Pie


I made this pie for Easter! It was a hit. I was worried because the family members who I thought would love it weren't there this year, but some others still enjoyed it :) What do you think? You can choose a reaction at the bottom!


The recipe is from Cooking Light Magazine. I modified it slightly to eliminate the milk fat since I'm allergic, and I added two tea bags instead of one. Here's my recipe, which is almost exactly the original.

I think I also used a little more cool whip than the recipe called for. I modified the ingredients as on the list below, and then I followed the exact directions (the link is at the start of this paragraph). I starred my modifications in the list below!


Chai Cream Pie:

1/2 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie dough (I used Pillsbury)
Cooking spray
2 cups skim milk*
8 cardamom pods, crushed (I used a crab mallet to do this)
8 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick, broken
1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, crushed (used the mallet for this, too)
2 black tea bags*
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/8 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons margarine (I used Smart Balance this time b/c that's what my mom had at home)*
1 container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed*
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon for topping

    No comments :

    Post a Comment