Monday, November 21, 2011

Tea rolls



Did you grow up eating the little pull apart frozen dinner rolls? The best part was that you didn't need a knife, you just pulled your roll away from the rest. Well, I decided to copy them with my own recipe. And, for some reason I was on a tea kick. My dinner rolls use tea where most would use water or milk!

Tea rolls:
1 1/8 cup warm 2x tea (two tea bags)
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp margarine
1 2/3 cup bread flour
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast

Add ingredients in order in the breadmaker. Set on dough cycle. Punch down, knead. Cut into 16 pieces, knead each into a little ball. Let rise before pushing the rolls together. That way they'll pull apart! Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown.


They're really good with apple butter, pumpkin butter (recipe posted last fall here), or just some margarine!

Warm 2x tea
Everybody into the tub! Set on dough cycle.
Punch down the dough 
I cut into four pieces, kneaded, and then cut each into four more. 
Spraying the 16 pieces with grapeseed oil
before the second rise.
Let rise
I made two sets of eight rolls-one for the freezer, one for now.
Two sets--one for the freezer, one for the oven.
For the freezer--I covered the top and bottom with parchment
paper, then I froze them on a baking sheet in a ziplock
freezer bag so they wouldn't fall apart. After they were totally
frozen,  I took away the cookie sheet.
Into the freezer
The final product!
Out of the oven
Sooooooo good with some pumpkin butter!

No comments :

Post a Comment