Sunday, August 21, 2011

CSA update

I have to apologize for not posting much. I have been creative--I've made three dresses, cooked quite a bit, and coaxed my garden to stay alive despite construction on my fire escape (where the garden belongs). I have just been super busy with work and then a vacation and haven't been posting!

What does this mean, though? Well, it means there will be a ton of posts in a few weeks updating you on all this awesomeness! For now, here's an update of my CSA, weeks 5-10. I haven't been updating as much because most of the food I've been getting hasn't required much cooking--lots of it has been good raw or just very simple--steamed or sauteed, so I haven't taken a ton of pictures. That being said, here are a few of my favorites meals from the past few weeks!


Week 5

Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10

Week 5
Carrots
Cucumber
Green beans
Iceberg lettuce
Peas
Pickling cukes
Spinach
Swiss chard     
                                     
Week 6
Green beans
Carrots 
Corn
Cucumber
Peas
Romaine lettuce
Radishes
Summer squash
Zucchini                                
Week 7
Blueberries
Corn
Green beans
Kale
Summer squash
Sweet onion
Wax beans (yellow beans)
Zucchini

Week 8
Blueberries
Carrots
Corn
Cucumber
Green beans
Green leaf lettuce
Spinach
Sweet onion

Week 9

Beets 
Blueberries
Carrots
Eggplant
Kale
Mesclun mix
Pickling cucumbers
Radishes
Summer squash
Zucchini


Week 10
Basil
Broccoli
Corn
Flat leaf parsley
Green pepper
Kale
Tomato
Wild blueberries
Cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, spinach, blueberries, green peppers, and tomatoes went straight to my belly with at most salad dressing. I ate lots of raw string beans, too. A lot of the zucchini and squash went toward zucchini bread, but I also roasted quite a bit. I just sauteed most of the kale/swiss chard, and I steamed the corn on the cob and ate it each week. Here are pictures of the more interesting meals!

Fish with basil and greens
Peas! I just ate these raw...
My birthday dinner--lemon chicken with Harvest Grains Blend
from Trader Joe's, string beans, wax beans
Sauteed eggplant with rice noodles

Ramen noodles with sesame-oil sauteed radish and cucumber
Eggs with eggplant and turkey pepperoni 
"Coleslaw" of red cabbage, radishes, and carrots
Crispy roasted eggplant and zucchini with kale greens
I won't have a picture of week 11 because I was on vacation, but I'll get the stuff that wasn't too perishable from last week tomorrow from my friend, and I'll get a new basket tomorrow, too! Can't wait!

No comments :

Post a Comment