Friday, August 26, 2011

Beach thunderstorm dress


I made this wrap dress for vacation, too! The night I wore it, a storm was on its way. We made it out to dinner but had a long wait, so we went miniature golfing. Unfortunately, it started raining just as our table was ready, as we ran across the parking lots to get back to dinner as the big drops started falling. Oh well. the dress was fine despite the hair's frizziness ;)

Outside our vacation house!


Outside our vacation house!
Unfortunately, my camera also died that night (it was the first night, I wasn't prepared), so the picture quality isn't that great since they're phone pictures.

I used a pattern for this dress--McCall's 6024. I combined the skirt of View C with the ruffle sleeves of View B. I doubled the ruffle so there is no raw edge/hem.

No comments :

Post a Comment