This is the third post in a series on my bridesmaid dresses. Click here to see the first and link to the rest :)
I put together the bodice and lining and then double checked each girl's measurements before attaching the skirt. Since the skirt was all one piece (except where I had cut the circle to insert the zipper and back seam), any bodice alterations after attaching the skirt required removal of the skirt. The skirt did not have side seams. I saved attaching the straps for my bridal shower weekend, when everyone flew in and could try on their dresses. Only one dress required major alterations (removing the skirt and zipper), which wasn't too bad.
Here is a short sequence of dress assembly pictures!
|Bodices sewn, straps pinned into place, back pinned |
shut, lining complete except back; yellow, pink (red),
purple, and blue dresses.
|Bodice complete on purple, pinned in back|
|Bodice assembled, pinned in back, lining skirt attached |
without circle skirt, waistband pinned on; blue dress.
|Skirt pinned in place (waistband laid across), |
back unfinished; blue dress.
|Skirt when it's fully open, pinned in place.|
Back still pinned at this point; blue dress.
|Completed dress with the lining flipped out;|
teal dress (green in the rainbow).
|Trying on the dress (blue).|
|Trying on the dress, pinned in the back (blue).|
|All the dresses, pinned/sewn together. Purple is |
missing the skirt at this point.