Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fire escape tomatoes


My fire escape has been very generous to me recently! I have more mint than I know what to do with, plenty of basil and parsley, a pepper plant with two green peppers, some celery I rooted, and a HUGE tomato plant that has been giving me a bunch of tomatoes recently! The plant itself doesn't look all that great, but I think that's because it put so much energy into its fruit. I can't complain, though!
Just as the first one was turning red
My first little harvest
So many more!
Just a few days later--the ingredients for my hot kale
salad, other than the kale and pistachios
Cut up (I saved the uncut tomatoes)
I don't need to tell you all how to eat tomatoes, but here's my latest--a hot kale salad with tomatoes, pistachios, and Caesar dressing (Ken's Steakhouse light Caesar--best Caesar ever). The kale came from my CSA!

Hot kale salad

No comments :

Post a Comment