Saturday, May 14, 2011

Peach sorbet

I had half a bag of frozen peaches sitting in my freezer forever, and since I'm about to move, I'm trying to avoid having too much frozen stuff I have to move. I thawed them out, figuring I'd make some type of dessert. I decided to go with a sorbet!



My google searching led me to learn that a sorbet is really just blended fruit and sugar. I blended the peaches, added sugar, added lemon, and then I boiled it. Did I have to boil it? I don't think so... but those peaches had been sitting in my freezer for a LONG time, and then they spent a few days in the fridge, so I just wanted to make sure they weren't going to make me sick. I cooled it back down, added a splash of rum (so it wouldn't solidify beyond being scoopable), and stuck it in the ice cream maker! It was delicious!


Peach sorbet
1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp rum


Blend the ingredients, make sure they're cold, and put them in an ice cream maker. Move to the freezer for at least two hours.

No comments :

Post a Comment